21-260 Differential Equations
Assignments: Week #3
- Monday: Section 2.5 (we'll be taking a slightly different approach in class).
- Wednesday: Section 2.7.
- Friday: Section 7.1.
- Exercises: Due on Friday 3 February.
- Section 2.3 #15.
- Section 2.4 #2, 9, 26.
- Section 2.5 #7, 12, 20, 26.
- Section 2.7 #4(a,b,d), also complete Problems (1) and (2) on this sheet of additional
- For the problems in Section 2.5, wherever it asks you to sketch
a graph of f(y) versus y, you should also draw the phase line for the
equation. Your text does not discuss the phase line, so you should look in
your class notes from Friday 5 September.
- For problem 2.3.15, you will want to use dfield or some
other technology to plot the graphs requested of you. You will have a very
difficult time if you insist on doing it by hand.