Growth Processes and Physiologically Structured Dynamics
Laboratoire J.-L Lions, UPMC
Abstract: Several Integro-Differential equations and Transport
equations are used to describe growth processes in biological or medical
- Lecture 1:
- Models of structured populations: cell populations
structured by age, size, molecular content in some protein. The cell division
cycle. An example: a model of neurone network.
- Lecture 2:
- Perron-Froebenius theory, PDEs and and general relative
- Lecture 3:
- The case of size structured equation;
- Lecture 4:
- Example of cancer: a general introduction; circadian
rhythm, Floquet theory in PDEs. How to compare the growth processes with and
without periodic control. Application to tumor growth and chronotherapy.
- Lecture 5:
- Example of prion aggregates.