CUA Course Links
"The effect of scale depends not on a thing in itself, but in relation to its whole environment or milieu. It is in conformity with the thing's place in nature, its field of action and reaction in the universe. Everywhere nature works true to scale, and everything has its proper size accordingly"
D'Arcy Thompson. On Growth and Form 1917.
- Scaling article from Santa Fe Institute
- Pres release re: scaling
- Oxygen boosts polar giants
- What is scaling?
- Fibonacci numbers and nature
- Did Mozart use the Golden Section?
- K-12 Fibonacci links
- Some Fibonacci activities
- Animated Fibonacci activities
- Fibonacci spirals
- Mathematical discovery of planets
- A course on discovery
- Math jokes to be discovered
- Fermat's Last Theorem
- The four color problem
The HHM1 site
Last modified: Tue Jun 26 14:13:56 EDT 2001
- Howard Hughes site