Home Syllabus Calendar Homework
Math 21-101 Spring 2017
Freshman Seminar: Networks and Models
Updated 17 January 2017
This calendar is subject to revision throughout the term.
- Monday, 23 January: A little more Graph Theory.
- Wednesday, 25 January: Just enough probability theory to get the job done.
- Friday, 27 January: Probability, continued.
- Monday, 30 January: A first try: G(n, p).
- Wednesday, 1 February Clustering and homophily.
- Friday, 3 February: Clustering and homphily, continued.
- Monday, 6 February: A second try: SBM.
- Wednesday, 8 February: A third try: SKG.
- Friday, 10 February: Degree distributions.
- Monday, 13 February: A fourth try: Barabasi-Albert.
- Wednesday, 15 February: Barabasi-Albert, continued.
- Friday, 17 February: A fifth try: Chung-Lu.
- Monday, 20 February: Distance and the 6 degrees of separation.
- Wednesday, 22 February: Distance, continued.
- Friday, 24 February: Information spread, and a little Bayes.
- Monday, 27 February: Information spread, continued.
- Wednesday, 1 March: Epidemic models.
- Friday, 3 March: Epidemics, continued.
- Monday, 6 March: Wrap it up!