I am a fourth year Ph.D. student in the ACO (Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization) program at Carnegie Mellon University.
You may occasionally also see my name written as Mikhail Lavrov. This is still me. Mikhail and I are the same person.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office: Wean Hall 6201
- Summer 2014: Canada/USA Mathcamp!
- Spring 2014: 21-257 Models and Methods for Optimization (TA)
- Spring 2013: 21-228 Discrete Mathematics (TA)
- Spring 2012: 21-240 Matrix Algebra with Applications (TA)
- Spring 2012: 15-139 Probability and Computing (TA)
- Spring 2012: 21-238 Math Studies Algebra II (Grader)
- Fall 2011: 21-120 Calculus (TA)
Office hours: None at the moment.
I am one of the coaches for the Western Pennsylvania ARML Team. Here are the problem sets for this year's practices:
You can also explore practice materials from previous years.
- M. Lavrov and P. Loh. Increasing Hamiltonian paths in random edge orderings. Submitted.
- M. Lavrov, M. Lee, and J. Mackey. Improved upper and lower bounds on a geometric Ramsey problem. European Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 42, 135-144, 2014.
- A. Frieze, S. Haber, and M. Lavrov. On the game chromatic number of sparse random graphs. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 27, no. 2, 768-790, 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. On the S¹ x S² HOMFLY-PT invariant and Legendrian links. Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications, vol. 22, no. 8, 1350040 [21 pages], 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. Generalized normal rulings and invariants of Legendrian solid torus links. Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 258, no. 2, 393-420, 2012.
Last updated December 8, 2014.
Misha Lavrov <email@example.com>