21-260 Differential Equations
Assignments: Week #7
- Monday: Section 7.8.
- Wednesday: Section 3.1.
- Friday: Sections 3.4 and 3.5.
- Exercises: Due on Friday
14 October 3 March.
- Section 7.6 #2, 8, 16, 27.
- Section 7.8 #8, 12, 17abcd.
- Also complete this Additional Problem.
- For Problems 7.6.2 and 7.6.8, you should use the Wronskian to verify that
you have found a fundamental set of solutions. In the future, having completed
7.6.27, you will not need to do this in the case of systems with complex
- In the future, having completed
the additional problem, you will not need to evaluate the Wronskian in the case
of systems with distinct real eigenvalues
eigenvalues. (Eigenvectors correcponding to distinct eigenvectors are linearly
independent, see problem 7.5.28.)