First Graphical User Interface (GUI); more steps in modular
The quickest and simplest way to generate a GUI is to use TCL/Tk.
1. Play with the UI builder specTcl
Try to understand how it works while reading the Help.
2. Follow and understand the code from this short tutorial:
3. One inch deeper:
4. Please download and run the tutorial at http://www.msen.com/~clif/tcltutor_6430b6.gz
Try to understand the examples and experiment with the provided
HINT: did you gunzip it? is it executable? is it in the PATH?
5. The real deal:
6. Build a number multiplying program with a GUI in Tcl/Tk.
Make the structure modular so you can easily reuse the GUI part.
read, understand, and apply the model-view-controller paradigm as
explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller
7. Add a GUI in Tk for your number multiplying C program from the
previous homework. Keep the C code and use the GUI from (4).